Hey everybody! Did you know that as of this Sunday, May 27, we will have been creating The Ouro Bros. and the Neverending Tour for two years now? It feels like an awesome accomplishment to have stuck to the fun routine of delivering weekly comics for all of you to read, for that long a period of time. It has been an incredibly enjoyable ride for the both of us, and I hope all of you have felt somewhat enriched by the stories and drawings we have provided these past 2 years.
You may remember that for our one-year anniversary, we gave you weekday installments (Monday-Thursday) of single panel “Thrift Store Fashion” comics , starting with this one, and finishing up on Friday May 27 (our official one-year anniversary) with this one. Well, for our two-year anniversary, we are doing something along the same lines. It’s another big “thank you” to all of you readers who have found our comic along the way, and have stuck with us. Since our anniversary this year is Sunday May 27, 2012, we are going to start the week with a Sunday update, and then keep the comics going all the way through Friday June 1, 2012. That’s 6 consecutive days of updates to thank you all for reading The Ouro Bros. and the Neverending Tour! And suffice it to say, it’s something that we have been working on for quite a while, so it’s going to be big. Literally.
It means a great deal that you have stuck with us, and Re-Tweeted and shared our comics each week. And we don’t ask for too much here at Ouro Bros. Central, but all next week, Jeff and I are asking a simple favor from you guys. What we are about to ask takes this one small step further, as we try to spread the word about The Ouro Bros on a bit of a larger scale. Here are some ideas that we wanted to throw your way:
- Tell your friends. Maybe send out an email/Facebook message to those that you think might enjoy the Ouro Bros. Tell them why you like it, and why you think they might enjoy reading.
- Share on Facebook. Post a few sentences as a Facebook status update about what you like about the Ouro Bros, and link them to our 2-year anniversary week comics any (or all) days next week.
- Write a blog post. If you’re a blogger, share the Ouro Bros with your readers.
- Are you a fellow comic creator? Please consider posting a message with one of your normal updates, with a link to our site next week, during our full week of comic updates.
- Share freely across the web. Use the sharing buttons we provide (under our comic blog posts) to spread the word on Twitter, Facebook, G+, StumbleUpon, Digg, Pinterest, or any other site you use.
Those are just a few ideas that we came up with, and if any of you have other ideas to seek out a few new readers, please feel free to do whatever you would like. Let’s see if we can’t get the word out and bring new readers to the fold. We have appreciated the support over the past two years, and appreciate any help you give us in spreading the word.
We thank each and every one of you for reading our comic, and we will continue to bring it to you as long as we possibly can (which, with our level of enjoyment and the stories we have planned, should mean that Ouro Bros will be going on for quite some time).
Jeremy Bentley and Jeff Burkholder